GUIDELINES FOR ATTENDING MASS
GUIDELINES FOR THE RE-OPENING OF OUR CHURCH
The Archdiocese of Newark issued an official set of directives yesterday regarding the re-opening of our Churches. Following is the application of the directives given by the Archdiocese:
Volunteers will assist with the check in process, we encourage you to arrive 15 mins earlier to facilitate this process
- Those who are at risk because of an underlying health issue or because of age are encouraged to avoid the risks posed by attendance at public celebrations of the Mass.
The faithful must wear a mask to enter the church and during the celebration of Mass.
- In accord with national, state and local health directives, those who show symptoms of COVID-19 or who have been exposed to another infected person are not permitted to enter the church for 14 days. It is recommended that everyone should check their temperature at home before coming to church.
- We will continue to livestream the Mass, so that those unable to attend may have this means of maintaining a spiritual connection with the Lord and with us.
- The Directives for re-Opening Churches indicates that “No more than 25% of the total seating capacity of the church or 50 individuals can be permitted for a liturgy including the priest.”
- All the directives on social distancing, wearing of masks and sanitizing remain in force. (Note: Please bring your own sanitizers and sanitizing wipes if you have them. We have a limited supply for use in church)
- All hymnals and missalettes have been removed from the pews.
- Restroom facilities and door handles, push plates, and knobs are to be sanitized after each service.
- All ministers, including music ministers and choir members, must maintain six-foot social distancing.
- For offertory and the distribution of Communion, ushers will direct the flow of the Communion line. Floor markings will direct people where to wait in the line for Communion, with 6 ft. distance between each other.
- Holy Communion is only permitted in the hand. When approaching the priest, the communicant should make a slight bow of the head, receive the host in the hand, step 6 ft. to the side, lift his/her mask and consume the host. And then put your mask back on.
Please use Van Ness place and ramp to exit the church
- Families and individuals should leave the church in an organized manner, wearing masks and observing six feet of distance between other households. Ushers will direct this process.
- We will not have any social gatherings in the Church hall following Mass.
- Sanitation and safety volunteers are needed. Please call the parish to volunteer: 973-824-6548.
All Masses, including daily Mass, will be in the main Church. Please use Clinton Ave entrance to enter and Van Ness to exit. The Ramp exit will be available as well for entry and exit for those with special needs.
For the full document of the directives from the Archdiocese of Newark, click here.